acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

Acura TL 2004---- I removed the airbag so i could replace

Customer Question

Acura TL 2004---- I removed the airbag so i could replace all the steering wheel lights (stereo, cruise). I disconnected the battery before doing all this. reconnected it during process to check new bulbs. then disconnected battery again, reinstalled and reconnected everything. when all done, I go to reconnect the battery and the horn is on - stuck on. I disconnect the battery and then end up disconnecting the horn (under steering wheel where it and airbag connect) so i can reconnect the battery and use car. Horn is still disconnected. Now what? I want to reconnect the horn. fuse is OK.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer My name is***** here to help you with your problem. the horn switch is inside the air bag cover and comes out as a single black wire .I think you either pinched the horn wire or ir is loose and touching ground. h. Here is a picture of the connector under the access panel on the wheel . check that the black connector with one wire in it is correctly positioned. and if it is remove the air bag again and look for any pinched wires .

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89860259/SHOT0966.jpg

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.