Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Well i was driving on the freeway and my tcc and check engin

Customer Question

Well i was driving on the freeway and my tcc and check engin light came on 3 min later my car just fell out of gear. Now when i start the car and put it in gear it rolls like its in neutral
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: No
JA: What year is your MINI?
Customer: I have a 2000 acura tl
JA: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ive only cleaned the trans shift silinoid
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No go ahead and connect me
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are setting with this fault here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No not yet
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

O.k.,there should be at least one fault code set related to this issue here.I would have a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle to read out what codes are set in all computers.Once this has been done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.

I have seen issues with the valve body cause this type of fault here as well as an issue with the torque converter itself in some cases completely slip causing no engagement.

The codes do need checked first.The transmission may have to be removed to be inspected and tested to pinpoint and repair this issue here as well all depending on what the code(s) point to here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no i havent yet
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Not sure if you received my answer above,I will res post it here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I used a code reader and it said there's no code data for my vehicle
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Was the code reader that was used one that was compatible for this model here?