Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years As a ASE Tech
7276279

Can the transmission range switch on an Acura 2007 RDX be

Customer Question

Can the transmission range switch on an Acura 2007 RDX be changed by someone with basic/intermediate mechanic skills? If so, how is it done?
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Ron replied 17 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 17 days ago.

Josh,

If you have basic skills replacing this switch is something you can likely do. Would you like the steps to do so?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
please and also where I can order the part. Is it safe to drive for a couple of days before I can get the part in?
Expert:  Ron replied 17 days ago.

As long as it starting okay you are safe to drive it. You should be able to purchase the new one at any auto part store. When you remove it pay close attention to where the mounting bolts are in the slots so you can remount the new switch in the same position. See the replacement steps in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Range%20switch%20Nov%2017.pdf