Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

2005 RL NAV system says 'CHECK Disk'. it has been trying to

Customer Question

2005 RL NAV system says 'CHECK Disk'. it has been trying to download data -- but now it's jsut saying check disk. please help
JA: What is the model of your '05 Acura?
Customer: RL
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i ejected the disk and loaded it again w no change on the screen
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i can think of. does this cost money?
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 19 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately it sounds like the common fault of the software not loading properly which can actually damage the unit internally to where it needs replaced.This damages the stored hard drive that keeps the software which causes this here.This does occur like this in some cases unfortunately.

What you can try and do here is to disconnect the battery for a few minutes then reconnect it to reset this system then see if it operates or if you can re download the software.If this does not work then it will need removed and repaired or removed and replaced to resolve this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete