thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

I tried to pay by Paypal and there was a problem. Here is my

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I tried to pay by Paypal and there was a problem. Here is my situation. I have a 2002 Acura 3.2TL. The light works when I hit the alarm key and the horn works but the brake lights do not come on
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: the level looks fine
JA: What is the model of your '02 Acura?
Customer: COrrect 3.2 TL
JA: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is is it
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer My name is***** here to help you with your problem. You did not say you couldnt move the shifter so I will assume the car starts and drives. This looks like a wiring problem. Do you have a test light or volt meter so we can do some tests?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't. I just sat down for dinner with my family so I wouldn't be able to get a test meter from O'reilly later. THe shift on the car is still working. I had problems with it months ago but they resolved it at a car repair shop. I am not sure how
Expert:  acramstr replied 6 months ago.

ok Im sending you some tests take your time and get back to me when you get time . Look at these 2 links and test for power between the green and black wire in the trailer connector with the brake pedal pressed. and also test for power between the white/black and black wire at the center brake light or brake failure sensor . do both withthe brake pedal pressed . Tell me if you have had any recent body work done as well.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89860259/diagram%20brake.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89860259/tail.pdf