Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

My 06 Acura tl has a disc reading error, it says "disc

Customer Question

my 06 Acura tl has a disc reading error, it says "disc readinng error, check disc. I bought a new navigation disc 2014 orange US 3.0 and am still getting the error
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: 115,000
JA: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am I've only have put in the new disc
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that spretty much it
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Dan replied 20 days ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 20 days ago.

Disconnect both battery cables (positive and negative) and clamp or use a jumper wire to hold them together, turn key to on position and let it sit for 10 minutes. Then turn ignition off and remove key, reconnect battery cables at a time, positive first then negative. This should reset the system.

Expert:  Dan replied 20 days ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks