Dan, Technician
Experience:  2 Year Automotive Diploma with Database Access
17871496

Over heating changed everything, yes, 2002 acura rl, my

Customer Question

over heating changed everything
JA: Does the radiator cooling fan come on?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Acura?
Customer: 2002 acura rl
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my mechanic replaced hose radiator thermostat everything i see the car has issues. its all over the internet for having car probems
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats all
Category: Acura
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Considering what has been done it sounds like you have a head gasket problem as there isn't anything else that would cause overheating. Next step is to have a combustion test done which will check for exhaust gas in coolant and a pressure test to see if cooling system holds pressure. If it fails either test then you know the head gasket is leaking which is about a $1000 to have replaced at a shop. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i noticed this make and model has over heating issues. its all overe the internet. Is this a problem you see all the time with this car???
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

The common problem to cause overheating is the radiator fan switch which prevents fan from turning on. The head gasket failure is not common on this engine but since you have already had everything else checked out that leaves head gaskets as last possible option. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.