Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

Acura TL's Climate Control System Has Stopped Working.

Customer Question

Why has the 2003 Acura 3.2 TL 's climate control system stopped working after cycling on and off briefly?

I have checked both fuse panels. What can be done?

Category: Acura
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

1. If the system is low on pressure it will start two cycle on & off and if it reaches below 25% of Freon in the system the compressor will stop running.

2. Check that the Freon is full of Freon. Using an AC gauge tester, check if the low side reading is 100 psi and above and whether the system full?

3. If the system is full and it is cycling or not coming on, go to your low pressure switch (I sent you location of it).

4. If you take a wire jumper and unhook the connector, jump the connector with wire jumper , does the ac compressor kick in ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Most likely if there is gradual loss of the cooling & compressor stopped, it means you leaked the Freon. You can recharge, if you have a small leak it might last months, if you have a big leak my last few minutes.

Pull a vacuum on the system using a vacuum pump and see if it holds to - 30 psi for 5 minutes. If it is, it means no major leaks. If the pressure rises within the 5 minutes means a big leak. You can shoot dye in the system if you can not visually see the leak.