thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

My car won't start. Evrything is working except my radio.

Customer Question

JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Nope their not
JA: What is the model/year of your Acura?
Customer: It's an 2005 tl
JA: Are you fixing your TL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No not really. I thought that it was my key had need recoding but it wasn't
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that the car is in antitheft lockdown. The anti theft l8ght never stop blinking
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Acura
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

hi im david, so when you are trying to start the car, the security light doesnt go out?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That's correct

you have another key?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No just one key

ok. let me see if there is a reset for this

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok

put the key in the door and lock and unlock the door and then try to start it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Done did that already and nothing

ok.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What's next
  1. 1 Check for a light on the dashboard. It will say System on "Theft System" or something similar.
  2. 2 Make sure nothing is loose if you tried to take anything apart.
  3. 3 Check to see if the battery has not been drained. At that point the car will not do any thing, except make a slight effort to start. If the battery is dead, ask someone to help jump start it for you.
  4. 4 Place the key in the ignition, and turn it slightly to the right. This is also known as position 2, in which the car is on but the engine is off. This gives power to the necessary components to allow this method of bypassing the alarm to work. When you turn the key the radio should work, and the dash lights should light up.
  5. 5 Keep the key that way for ten minutes, maybe a little more. The theft system light should turn off, and the car can be started.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tried that alteady anything else
  1. Insert the key in the driver's side door. Even if you have a keyless entry, you'll want to use the actual, physical car key and place it in the lock on the outside of the driver's side door.
  2. 2 Turn the key and hold it. Turn the key so that you unlock the door, but hold it in place for several seconds. This can sometimes bypass the factory alarm and allow you to start the vehicle. This method lets the vehicle know that you have the actual key to the vehicle and in most cases will bypass in the even the key fob (the part that permits keyless entry) is broken, misplaced, or has a dead battery
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tried that already. Anything else

you need to take it to the dealer and have a new key cut and coded to the computer and immobilizer. that the bot***** *****ne