acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

I have a 2010 Acura tsx and the two rear brake lamps are not

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Acura tsx and the two rear brake lamps are not working. The upper third lamp does work. I checked the fuses relating to the brakes in the manual. I checked under the hood and under the dash. No blown fuses. The brake does disengage the cruise control so I don't think it is the brake switch. I looked at the bulbs and both filaments in each bulb are intact and the one filament does turn on when the lights are turned on. The signal and reverse lights work. Any suggestions?
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer My name is***** here to help you with your problem. The first thing to do is replace one of the bulbs. We see these bulbs fail all the time and the filament can look fine and still be broken. But if you want to test it check for power to the light green wire at the bulb . Here is the wiring diagram for the brake lights. As you can see the 3rd bulb shares the same circuit as the other brake light bulbs . https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89860259/brake.pdf

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.