sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I NEED THE IMMOBILIZER BRAKE CODE VIN: 19UUA66274A003263.

Customer Question

STUCK AT SMALL SHOP 4 HOURS FROM DEALER
Category: Acura
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle ownership is verified in person to release a security system code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. Due to the length of time your question has been up without a response I believe that either no experts currently on the site have access to obtain the code or noone feels comfortable posting it here.

The code is going to need to be obtained by a dealer and whether or not they release it in this way is going to depend on their own internal policies. Some dealers will not release an immobilizer code due to liability issues. You or the shop is going to need to contact the dealer and provide the VIN and proof of ownership. They may or may not require this to be done in person. In person most dealers would not have a problem releasing the code but if it needs to be obtained remotely then they would be more likely to release it to a shop if they provide the VIN and authorization to work on the vehicle, such as faxing the dealer a copy of the repair order.