rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I was stopped at a light and all of a sudden my car started

Customer Question

I was stopped at a light and all of a sudden my car started to shake and felt like it was going to die. When I pushed on the gas to go it was a little slow moving. I parked the car shut it off and turned it back on and in while in park the car is vibrating.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: I meant i was stopped at a red light and when I pressed on the brake the car started to vibrate out of the blue
JA: What is the model/year of your Acura?
Customer: 2006 MDX
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything, it just happened. I came back to work from my lunch brake, so I looked up the issue and was brought to this page and your chat popped up with asking me what is going on with my Acura I am just trying to figure out possible issues so I can know if it is a big safety issue to drive home in a sense of it possibly dying
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of unless he has a specific question to try to be able to give me possible scenarios Oh no thank you, ***** ***** conversation so I thought there was someone there to just try to help me.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Acura
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, thank you
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 month ago.

It sounds like the computer is receiving a bad signal from the CRANK sensor. This can also turn on the check engine light and set a code, BUT not always.

You would be best of having it towed to your choice of shops to have this checked out because it can be dangerous to drive that way. Please keep me posted.

Thanks, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you to see if you have any more questions.
Thanks, Ron