acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1

I hear and feel a thump in the floor board near the pedals.

Customer Question

I hear and feel a thump in the floor board near the pedals. It is a steady rhythm. It comes and goes. The rhythm is the same at different speeds in the car, as well as when at a stop sign. It does not do it all the time, it is intermittent. No trouble lights are coming on the dash when it happens. Car seems to be running fine otherwise.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer My name is***** here to help you with your problem. This could be the purge control solenoid you are hearing. it runs periodically to purge the fuel fumes from the carbon canister. It is normal and nothing to worry about . If no warning lights are on and the car runs OK This is the most likely source of the noise. It can be louder at times depending on the weather or fuel condition.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, good to know. I have also noticed that it seems to do it when I lower the cabin temperature to 71. I usually have had it at 72 and have not heard the noise. Today, I took it down to 71 and that is when I started hearing it. When I took it back up to 72, it seemed to go away. Would that be related?
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 month ago.

That shouldn't effect it. However sometimes we see the a/c actuators make noise. But they sound like scratching or ticking. Try this next time it makes the noise turn the a/c off and see if it stops and if it does it is an a/c actuator making noise.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Now it is doing it without the car even running. If I just sit in the car and turn the ignition on (not start the car) I can hear it. It almost sounds like the radio is trying to load a CD but there isn't one. Something electrical?
Expert:  acramstr replied 1 month ago.

does the cd player work ? can you add and eject disc's ?