Kevin Bourcier
Kevin Bourcier,
Experience:  Owner/Technician at Max Air Mobile
83572702

I bought a 2 wks ago 2013 RDX Acura and twice i have found

Customer Question

i bought a 2 wks ago 2013 RDX Acura and twice i have found it with sunroof open and once with all four windows partially down???
Category: Acura
Expert:  Kevin Bourcier replied 7 months ago.

hello . I have not experienced that type of problem myself . It would seem to be an issue with the power window control module . try resetting the module to see if that solves your issue . perform the reset procedure and get back to me . In the mean time I will look at the schematics to so what circuits the windows and the sunroof have in Common . see the reset procedure I have attached .

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
gonna take me awhile...get back to you. thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
excuse me, what is HDS?

no problem , no hurry . HDS is the keyless entry , Immobilzer , alarm system . If your are not sure , contact your dealer with the VIN to find out if your vehicle has this .

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i have the keyless entry. will go try it now.everything worked but the how will i know problem is resolved? also dont forget i said moonroof too. its happened twice with moonroof but once with all 4 windows.

yes . as I said before , I will continue to look to see what circuits/modules , etc the moon roof and the windows have in common . You will know after performing the reset if the problem is solved if it does not happen again with your moon roof and windows . I have searched all ready for specific TSB's on your vehicle describing that problem , there are non . I will continue searching .

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok thanks. i have to leave for afew hours, will you send me an email when you have finished your search?

I will message you , Yes . :-)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, my neighbor came over and told me its a feature, I can't find it in my manual yet. When you hold down the Unlock button on the remote starter for an extended period of time, the Windows will open and the moonroof to cool down the car on hot days. I tried it, and that's exactly what happens. I'm relieved but don't feel that I should be charged for your services. Hope you will consider refunding me. Thank you for your efforts. Maureene Smith