Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2004 TSX, dashlights, gages, elec windows and interior

Customer Question

2004 TSX, dashlights, gages, elec windows and interior lights all stop working about 3 seconds after inserting key or starting engine. All were working earlier today.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Inspected battery cables and cleaned negative terminal at both ends. Checked fuses to include the backup lights fuse that I believe is the circuit in question. All seem to be okay. Car sat for 6 years until new clutch pedal bracket replaced. Fuel pump no longer worked so it was replaced today and car finally started. All gages and driver dashboard worked fine. Could not get clutch to work, I believe either the hydraulic line needs bleeding or some kind of adjustment is required. While focusing on clutch problem we noticed the dashboard issue.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Afternoon Moose,
There's been no changes so yes I could sure use your help.

Do these features all work with the key in and in the run position?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No... All driver's dash information and digital gages are inop. Center radio/ac consul works though.

With the key in the run position are fuses 7 and 21 behind the left side of the dash powered?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll have to go check. It will take a little time
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you mean with the engine running?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Engine was running and yes over 13v on each
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Without engine running with key in the II position I also have power.

Thanks with the key in the run position how about fuses 24-25-26-27

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll check tomorrow when my son is up. He's got the good vision I don't have. Sounds like we're going through the fuse box in steps, should we just go ahead and check them all?

I am checking the circuits for the issues you have. I was hoping one of the previous fuses were bad to speed this diag up but that was not the case. These are the last fuses to check.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Other things that don't work are the sunroof (28), driver's seat (3 & 5). We can open all the windows with the key in thr driver's door if that helps

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay, here's the results...24, 25, and 26 have no power. Fuse 27 reads over 12v. Thanks again for helping on this!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Forgot to mention I was incorrect regarding the driver's seat, it does work. We also check the sunroof (28) and it has power.

Best I can tell from these results the gauge control module and master window switch are bad using the diagrams below.

With all these issues going on though. I am just not 100% confident though. I am going to opt out and see if another has a 2nd opinion.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks again Chris for the time and effort you gave us!