Pedro Goncalves
Pedro Goncalves,
Experience:  Licensed Master/Hybrid Technician at Mendes Motors

Can i disconnect the computer wires from the transmission

Customer Question

Can i disconnect the computer wires from the transmission and shift manually
On a 99 acura TL 3.2 i only use 1 and 2 gear its a dirt track car
when i shift now to start the race i have to let go of gas for it to shirt cause i have peddle to floor at the start of the race till i hit turn one but stays in 2 whole race just having the problem at start
Category: Acura
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

I would suggest installing a manual trans in the car.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But that does not answer my question
Expert:  Pedro Goncalves replied 1 month ago.
That's a very good question. The computer receives and sends signals as you probably already know that. You're planning on disconnecting the wires and use the shift on L or 2? If so, I doubt that will work. Even though your shifting manually there transmission still needs power and signal to valves to open or close. There's also a safe mode in the transmission that will try and protect itself from major damage. Personally, I would try disconnecting the computers and step by step slowly. Start the car. Shift it into L. Slowly drive the car. Slowly build up speed. And step by step see if you obtain the results you wish. Mind you, choosing to do so will always be at your own risk. I hope I provided you with good info.