Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

My 1991 legend has a problem with the A/C cooling

Customer Question

my 1991 legend has a problem with the A/C cooling intermittently. I have replaced the compressor, clutch, dryer, AC Cooling Fan and have recharged the coolant. When it decides to switch on fully, it actually works well cooling the interior. Other times it is sort of half-on, blowing cool (but not cold) air. And then there are times when it just blows hot air. I am about to replace the AC relay, but I fear it may not work. Any suggestions?
JA: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?
Customer: it is the compressor clutch. it is a new/remanufactured compressor that came with it
JA: What is the model of your '91 Acura?
Customer: 91 legend coupe L
JA: Are you fixing your Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have replaced the AC compressor, compressor clutch, AC dryer, AC Cooling Fan and have recharged the coolant.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it is an intermittent problem, and most of the mechanicals for the AC system have been replaced
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

when you replaced the ac compressor was it because it locked up ?

did you flush the ac system ?

when the ac is not cooling , is it because the compressor went off or ,it is still on but not cooling , that is important to know.

with the ac gauges hooked up to car while running ac on , what is the low & high side pressure reading can you get me that ?

please let me know

Thank You *****

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I wasn't the one doing the maintenance, but I can get that info from my mechanic. But the system was flushed. I will find the other answers as soon as I talk to the mechanic.

ok sounds good

I m online daily till 12 pm ,so just reply back when ready

Chad Farhat

those readings will let us know what the system is doing , the car will have to be there to perform this test, unless he remembers what they were when it was done and how long ago was the repair done .