Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have some serious brake problems.. very spongy.. I

Customer Question

Hey josh... I have some serious brake problems.. very spongy.. I replavced the VSA modulator (with one from a salvage yard) and it worked for about two months, now the problem is back but way worse.
JA: What is the model/year of your Acura?
Customer: 2009 tsx
JA: Are you fixing your TSX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i repalce the vsa modulator and attempted to do the pedal reset
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i dont think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need help

Have you bleed the brakes at the wheels and have you used a diagnostic tool to bleed the ABS system?

Have you used line clamps to close off the rubber lines to the wheels to narrow it down to see if its one brake causing this issue?

Have you checked for concerns at the calipers where as the slide pins are binding or the brake pads are binding?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris