thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience

It shuts itself off while driving. All dash board lights

Customer Question

It shuts itself off while driving. All dash board lights come on. It takes at least a dozen tries before the car starts again.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: The fuses? They can shut the car down at highway or surface street speed?
JA: What is the model/year of your Acura?
Customer: 2004 3.5 rl
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am and nothing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: when I say all the lights on the dash light I mean even the green key/alarm light comes on
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  acramstr replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer My name is*****'m here to help you with your problem. We see two things cause this in these. The most common one is the Main relay above the brake pedal. The other is the Ignition switch. The best way to tell between the 2 is when the main relay fails the car cranks over and dosen't even try to start, And it will do this when the car has been sitting in the sun sometimes as well. when the ignition switch fails it will try to start but stalls as soon as you let the key go. Let me know if you experience either and we can go from there.