Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

2003 acura tl automatic does't "click" into gear although

Customer Question

2003 acura tl automatic does't "click" into gear although cars drives fine and light on dash shows if you are in drive Ok. Is this a $$$ fix and would this have anything to do with the cruise not working?
Category: Acura
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting a reply ASAP

yes it will make you cruise not working

have you had any fluid,water ,soda spilled around the shifter handle?

check engine light on ,abs , traction control ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am looking to buy this car, so I don't know if fluids were spilled. The seller's wife drove the car. He did say that the cruise quite working about the same time the shifter started not "clicking" into gear. The trans seemed to work OK and if I put the shifter into "manual" mode and shifted up through the gears that also worked. While I am not looking to pay much for the car I don't want to consider it if I am looking $500+ to fix it. Let me know. Thanks! Also, no abs etc lights on.

Hey how are you

it is a really nice car , but if the abs module is bad , it will cost around 900 to 1000 , not 500.

if the abs sensor or vss vehicle speed sensor is the fault then it will be around 500

if the shifter assembly need replacement then it will be around 750

I would take it and spend $100 diagnostic and retrieve the fault codes and be sure about what is wrong exactly

Let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back here and we will continue

if you are good , Please Kindly rate me.

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back and Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have on this issue , even after you rate me

Thank You

Chad Farhat