justinsbg, Acura Mechanic
Experience:  I have 10 years of automotive experience, an associates degree, and ASE certifications.

I'm experiencing the same issue s this: with my 2005 Acura

Customer Question

Hi I'm experiencing the same issue s this: with my 2005 Acura RSX. Intermittent starting issues with either a cold or hot engine. It will take couple tries to start sometimes. The battery is two years old with no visible corrosion. O'Reilly ran their diagnostics on the battery and starter and everything appears fine. I also found this post, which seems plausible:
JA: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?
Customer: not a lot of clicking, just that slow laborious engine turning sound, and then eventually it starts after a few tries.
JA: Are you fixing your RSX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing, just taking it to O'Reilly for testing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that so far it always starts eventually
Category: Acura
Expert:  justinsbg replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

If the dash lights are nice and bright while the engine sounds laborious when it's cranking the most likely problem is a failing starter. I have been servicing only Honda/Acura vehicles for nearly 10 years so I know the brand well. We replace lots of starters on this engine for the same problems you are having. I will include a picture of the starer location for you. It is tucked under the intake manifold so it's a bit tricky to get to and replace. I am very confident that replacing the starter will fix this issue. Again, as long as the dash lights are nice and bright while you are trying to start the engine, and the battery has been tested replacing the starter is your next step. If you have any additional questions about this just let me know. Thanks!

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks