Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

For more than a year My 2011 Acura has begun having a

Customer Question

For more than a year My 2011 Acura has begun having a significant and frequent battery drain, so that I cannot depend of its starting each time I need it.
The dealer has worked on this problem several times. A number of part have been replaced: the hands free link, the sound system, some kind of relay. Sound system has been replaced twice. I felt I had to invest in a jump starter. I do not know how to get to an Acura engineer who may know something that will really fix it. Do you any insight and answers or solutions? Thank you. Carol
Category: Acura
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

I am pretty good with battery drain issues, unfortunately this will be tough to diagnose over the internet. You need a multi meter to measure amps inline with the negative battery cable to the battery. You then will start pulling fuses one by one until you see the current draw drop, you need to do this will all doors closed so the car will go to sleep, it can take a few minutes for everything to shut off. Once you find the circuit that is drawing you need a wiring diagram to see all the things that are powered off that fuse and start unplugging them one by on until you find the drain.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Also if your battery has gone dead and jumped a lot of times, this can ruin the battery itself and will also cause this problem. A battery test will be needed.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will time out and close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks