thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience

07 Acura TL Check Start System error c omes on periodically.

Customer Question

07 Acura TL Check Start System error c omes on periodically. Car didn't start once and then I went an tried again 5 mins later and it was okay. New battery 2 months ago. voltage on battery still good.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: 115k
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Possibly. Otherwise based on what I have seen online about this problem, I want to give a mechanic some direction. Otherwise they're prone to start with the starter and work backwards.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No.
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also, even after replacing gas cap and doing vacuum test, Fuel Cap Loose comes on. Been happening for a while. Goes on and off periodically.
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

In most cases when this message shows the system will set and store a fault code . In order to determine where to start you are going to need to start first with having the system scanned to see what the fault code and or code is that should be setting, if you can get this done and post back with the fault code I can help you determine the cause.