Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a2001 MDX with 282K miles - great car. My son drives

Customer Question

I have a2001 MDX with 282K miles - great car. My son drives it at college and while driving up a steep hill he said the check engine light and the 4WD light went off. He did not feel any change with the car and it continues to run great. Any thoughts?
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: stays on
JA: What year is your MDX?
Customer: 2001
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fix myself. We have tried anything yet.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope
Category: Acura
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My son drives the car and said it is running well despite the check engine light and VTM-4 lights being on. I guess the best thing is to hook up to a computer to get codes. Is there anything particular that would trigger the dashboard lights in error or a way to reset them to see if they trip again? They are staying on.

There are about 600 codes one or more could of stored. Since there are no symptoms diagnosing it without a scan would be time consuming and expensive since you would be guessing. You can turn the lights off though to see if they come back on. Remove both battery cables, hold them together for one minute then 30 minutes later reconnect them.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris