Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.

I have 2006 Acura Rl with 130k miles. Car runs great and I

Customer Question

I have 2006 Acura Rl with 130k miles. Car runs great and I have maintained the car. Car is riding rough. Should I be looking at replacing shock/struts and springs? If so, is it advisable to go with an air ride system?
Category: Acura
Expert:  Clayso replied 2 months ago.

Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

Worn shock and struts mostly cause like a floating affect when driving unless one is broken. When a shock or strut is broken you will have a rough ride and you will hear it going over bumps. Tires and tire pressure can cause a rough ride at certain speeds. Let me know what speeds you're experiencing the roughness.

It's best to stay with the suspension type that came with the vehicle. Air ride systems mostly control the ride height of the vehicle with different loads.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.