acramstr
acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1
8300270

The talk button on my steering wheel (08 MDX) no longer

Customer Question

The talk button on my steering wheel (08 MDX) no longer beeps when i push it. I have no Bluetooth connection either.
JA: How has the car been driving lately?
Customer: Just fine. 105000 miles and purring like it should.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nope. all i tried to do was re-pair the phone and car.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: from time to time the bluetooth connection fails, but all i have to do is turn off my phone and it will re-establish the bluetooth connection when i turn the phone back on.
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer My name is***** here to help you with your problem. Unfortunately we see this alot in this model. The bluetooth (HFL) Unit in the back of the console Has failed. It is not hard to replace If you want to do it yourself or if you have a shop replace it the labor is not that much. However no matter if you replace it or not it should be unplugged . When these fail like this they have a habit of draining the battery when the car sits. I can give you instructions on disconnecting it and the part number of the replacement unit If you post back the vin number of the vehicle .

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.