Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a sound coming from the front end of my 2003 CRV. I

Customer Question

I have a sound coming from the front end of my 2003 CRV. I have replaced the steering rack, tie rods, and control arms. I removed the stabilizer bar to see if that was the issue. All of this helped to a degree, but the sound is still there. It is not really a clunk, but I am starting to wonder if the struts are bad. When I hit small bumps, like washboard dirt roads, the sound it exaggerated. It sounds like a hit a much larger bump. The wheels seem to bounce way more than they should as well. The sound is the same whether I am going straight or turning. Could this be the struts, or what else should I do?
Category: Acura
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

HI,

Push down hard on the front bumper. The front end should go down, rebound up and settle/stop. If it goes down, back up, down and back up again, it is your struts.

Even if ok, raise front end, remove the tires, and grab the strut coils and shake them. If there is movement, the strut upper mounts are worn.

This is either the struts or the upper strut mounts

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still arerequired to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.