Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

2007 acura tl.....I replaced the button lights around the

Customer Question

2007 acura tl.....I replaced the button lights around the navigation screen (t3 led) plugged it in and half the lights were workin. I made a mistake by trying to rotate a bulb that wasn't working while it was still plugged in and it blacked all the lights out (short). I checked the bulbs (with 9volt battery) and they still work and the fuses are all in tact and still cant figure out what happened and what I need to do to fix. Any suggestions ?
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If all fuses are good and all bulbs were tested and work individually then what most likely occurred here is the circuit board/panel had shorted out that the bulbs are attached to.It may be a diode or resistor on the board that may have shorted or power chip causing this issue with it needing removed and repaired or removed and replaced to correct this fault.I have shorted components out like this before and it usually shorts out the board itself unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for the info Pete, I will get these new controls ordered and try that......either way I will let you know. Thanks again !
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Your welcome

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I received two new (used certified parts) control units, plugged them in and they did not light up either, however the dot for the defrost, AC, cabin flow, still light up its just the words on the units that dont aluminate. I replaced the bulbs in one unit (right) to see if it could be the bulbs.....same result as the originals. Any suggestions ?
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

There should be a green wire in the C5 terminal in the navigation connection.See if this has voltage on it with the key on and lights on and let me know.

Thanks Pete