acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1

I have a 2004 MDX and the rear entertainment flip down does

Customer Question

I have a 2004 MDX and the rear entertainment flip down does not power on. you can hear the sound from the DVD but nothing on the screen.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tried checking to see if there is a blown fuse but I'm not sure where it is located, under the hood or inside under the steering column.
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: I've located both but neither shows a fuse for rear entertainment system.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 2 months ago.

This is a common problem in these. Unfortunately the part is no longer available from Acura. What happens is the ribbon cable between the screen and the DVD base in the roof is broken. A local stereo shop might be able to make you a new one Or you can try to find a used one and switch it out . Another option is to send it to this place they can repair them but you have to ship it to them . Sorry for the bad news but i'm just being honest with you. If the fuse was bad there would be no sound.