Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

97 Honda accord runs fine when cold starts to warm up won't

Customer Question

97 Honda accord runs fine when cold starts to warm up won't acc over 3000 rpm bogs out really bad new fuel pump new crank sensor
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I have seen issues with a restricted catalytic converter cause this fault here needing replaced.If you have not had an exhaust back pressure test done this should be done.If the back pressure exceeds 1.5 psi at any rpm range when warm or cold this indicates the catalytic converter is plugged.This is a common fault when fuel supply isnt an issue for this fault here.The catalytic converter will heat up and can start to restrict causing this issue when warm as the carbon starts to heat up and move around in it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Seems like when it boggs out if I spray salt fuel in the intake I revs right up new pump great pressure not sure on vol.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Was the fuel filter replaced at all?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it has o2 sensor codes should I unplug and try to drive
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Yes,you can try and drive it a short distance with the sensors unplugged.If the engine runs better and you only have the oxygen sensor codes I would replace the affected sensors and see if this resolves the issue.Faulty sensors will cause the engine to run poorly when warm as this is when the engine goes into a closed loop reading from the sensors.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Unplugged sensors no good still the same
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

What are the O2 sensor code numbers you are getting?