Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2003 Acura TL and it's not turning over. It sounds

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Acura TL and it's not turning over. It sounds like it wants to start but it will not stay on. Yesterday after I got done putting air in my tires I turned it back on and it was really loud. And would only drive about 5mph and then I pulled it over and it wouldn't start back up. There is no leaks and all fluids look fine. I since then replaced spark plugs and air filter and obd II Said there was possibly something wrong with the Evap but I wouldn't think that would stop it from starting. We disconnected battery and put back on and it can't find anything wrong with it since I've ran the test again. I feel like it might be an issue with it not getting any gas or maybe air intake. When I start the car with the hood up it seems like gas vapor is coming out of the air filter. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

If I understand correct after disconnecting the battery it cranks and starts and runs fine now?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No it will not run but the starter does work

Okay so it will crank but not start. The next things we need to check are the basics. Can you confirm fuel pressure is good, injector pulse and ignition spark are occurring?

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris