Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

Terrible smell...2003 mdx prob mouse in blower moter... i

Customer Question

terrible smell...2003 mdx prob mouse in blower moter...
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i just have used odor elimators with limited success,wwhich makes me think cleanout is whaty must happen....it sat for a while after a wreck
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Acura
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.A mouse is very probable. But it would most likely be on top of the cabin air filter that is fitted behind the glove box. Try removing it and checking there. Your owners manual has a very nice description on how to replace the filter if you don't know how.Let me know what you find.Thanks
Sonny
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny