Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

I have a 2007 rdx and the ac stopped working. Prior to it

Customer Question

I have a 2007 rdx and the ac stopped working. Prior to it not working it was blowing cold air fine with no signs of any problems I have the fan on high but it doest blow cold air. I checked the compressor and dont see the clutch engaging. I checked the underhood fuses and they are all ok. What relays should i check? Or what do you advise should be my next steps.
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: The ac compressor doents seem to be engaging. My transmission seems fine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes im hoping to find the issue and if its a simple fix, ill do it myself. Currently travellin
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It has 154k miles. I heard of an ac recall for the 2007 - 2011 ? Crvs. Not sure if they have similar ac parts.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

we have to start with Freon levels ?

1- A/C charge levels needs checking, if you low on Freon , this ac system will not engage ,if below 25% of freon

2- there is compressor/clutch relay , needs checking , if Freon levels

3- freon capacity for this vehicle

2007 Acura Truck RDX L4-2.3L Turbo

Save Article

Refrigerant Capacity: 450 to 500 g 0.45 to 0.50 kg 1.0 to 1.1 lbs 15.9 to 17.6 oz

the recall mentioned dont apply for your vehicle

3 relays , needs checking that run a/c system , i sent you loaction and labels identification of those relays

1- condenser fan relay

2- blower motor relay

3- a/c compressor clucth relay

Please let me know if you need anything else on it

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back And Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have.

Thank You

Chad Farhat