acramstr, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE master tech ,CA smog, ASE L1

I was in my 2013 rdx using the navigation system. the car

Customer Question

I was in my 2013 rdx using the navigation system. the car was not running. i pressed the start button several times by accident and initiated the emergency stop, I think. now the car won't start and it seems as if the brakes are locked. how do i restart the car?
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer My name is*****'m here to help you with your problem. This sounds like the battery is dead. The electrical system in this vehicle draws a lot of power. And it will drain the battery pretty quick. The first thing I would suggest is trying to jump start the car. The steering is electric so if the battery is dead it will feel stiff and if you press the brake with the engine off it will stiffen up as well.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.