Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have an acura tl 3.2 and today my drl symbol on the dash

Customer Question

i have an acura tl 3.2 and today my drl symbol on the dash turned on however the drl lights are working? Confused? Also i just put on afternarket rims and so far have tried aftermarket tpms sensors and the onboard dash won't they HAVE to be acura/honda tpms?
JA: Have you checked your tire pressure? Do you have a tire gauge?
Customer: Yes all are 31psi but the light in talking about is tpms system failure light
JA: What year is your Tl?
Customer: 07
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I swapped to sensor sets i thought maybe the sensors were just bad but I've literally put in 8 sensors in the past 24 hrs
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Also what about my drl light
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

If you have done these programming steps and your TPMS will not recognize then you would need OEM sensors. Does the DRL symbol go off with the headlights turned on?

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The drl symbol turns off while headlights are on. I do have leds with wireharness for drl I've had this set up for a while never had a problem.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The sensors wouldn't even read with the scanner .....2 diff sets of tpms sensors ive tried
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Did i mention the drl lights are both still working even though the drl light is on

My diagrams show the DRL indicator should be illuminated anytime the DRLs are on and the headlights are not commanded on.

Are you using OEM tire sensors from Acura?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That drl light has never been illuminated in the time I've owned the car until two days ago and I've never lost power in the bulbs even now the bulbs are still working just have the drl illuminated on dash so it possible one of the resistors went bad in the led wire harness? And no both sets of tpms have been aftermarket

I do not see that our conversation is making any progress. I am going to opt out and let another try to help you. Best of luck.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thanks