Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My 2007 Acura MDX is blowing hot air. I've added refrigerant

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, my 2007 Acura MDX is blowing hot air.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?
Customer: I've added refrigerant and also replaced the relay just in case.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not checked for leaks...
Category: Acura
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

Is the compressor engaging?

How low was the refrigerant and how many ounces of refrigerant did you add?

What are the pressure readings?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hey Eric, thank you for the response. How can I check if the compressor is engaging?
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

Watch the compressor while someone turns the ac on and off to see if the clutch on the front of the pulley engages

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'll do that right now. Quick question, when I turned the car on, and turned the AC on, the blower works well, but I did notice that the 2 big fans( radiator fan and ac/condenser fan do not spin. Is that normal? Do they only spin when the car is moving? Sorry for being so clueless!
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

They should start spinning within a couple of minutes of the ac coming on as the high pressure increases. Once the high pressure increases to a certain point, the fan is commanded on to bring the pressure down and stabilize it

Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

16 Jul 2016, 6:12 PM