sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have an 2004 Acura 3.5 RL. The sound Radio and Nav system

Customer Question

I have an 2004 Acura 3.5 RL. The sound for the Radio and Nav system is mute. Everything else looks fine, but no volume. What could be wrong.
Category: Acura
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the radio does work but you've lost sound then I'm assuming you have the Bose system with an amplifier. If so then the amplifier is the cause of the issue in some way. The amp may have lost power or ground or it may have failed internally.

The first thing you'll want to do is check fuse 9 under the dash. You can also try removing this fuse or disconnecting the battery, it isn't unheard of for an amp to lock up electrically and work again with a power cycle.

If that doesn't help then some electrical testing will need to be done to check the amp's power and ground feeds as well as it's inputs, but odds are the amp will need to be replaced.