Chris (aka- Moose), Acura Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

The check charging light come on several times when driving.

Customer Question

The check charging light come on several times when driving. I had the alternator replaced. This light comes on only for a minute so it is difficult for the technician to detect the problem I had the problem with 2 alternators
JA: Have you done a battery test? Has there been any change in headlight brightness?
Customer: Battery is good almost new no the headlights don't dim
JA: What is the model/year of your Acura?
Customer: 2006 acura Rl
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It was in the shop but since it is so momentarly the technician had difficulty to test it. They checked the alternator output and it was a fine. I bought on alternator (Had this issue) got a 2nd alternator (Same issue)
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: when this problem appeared I was warned the all wheel drive was out and the transmissions was sluggish going home and the battery was dead had to get a jump to start car
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). This is a PCM controlled charging system. When the light comes on there should be codes. The alternator has already been ruled out. I assume the belt and tensioner was checked during that service. So that leaves a poor wire connection on the alternator connector or the PCM or a failure within the PCM to blame for this issue. If you're confused on what to do now. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out. We have 7 days to get a confirmation that my help assisted you, or the post times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris