Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

Si just bought a Acura legend 1994 and the radio needs a

Customer Question

Si just bought a Acura legend 1994 and the radio needs a code and I don't know where to get it at
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: There's no manual and I haven't seen one,please help me
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I am I've watched you tube and held 1 and 6 at the same time,how can I fix my radio
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's all I can think about
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please let me know if you can help with the rest code for the Acura
Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.

Hello

You'll need the serial number off the radio first, this'll be located on a sticker on the radio body which will usually mean pulling it out of the dashboard. or hopefully you can hold down the buttons 1 & 6 as you've aleready mentioned and it'll display the SN

Once you have a serial number then someone like

http://www.radio-code.com/

Can provide a code for a small fee

alternatively your local Honda dealer should also carry the code providing you can provide evidence the car is yours and you have the VIN - however some dealers will charge for this information and often the DIY route is cheaper