tim's auto repair
tim's auto repair, mecanic
Experience:  own's repair shop 25yrs
14541291

I have a 2001 Acura 3.2 tl I was driving and stopped at a

Customer Question

Hey I have a 2001 Acura 3.2 tl I was driving and stopped at a stop sign and it just died on me. When I turned it over it wouldn't start.the fuel pump wasn't turning on when I turn the key so I figured it was the fuel pump relay. I went to autozone and got a new one and it still wouldn't turn over so I got another one just in case still nothing .so I figured it was the fuel pump it when I sprayed starting fluid in the intake it wouldn't fire. Can you help me?
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Park and yeah I always double check that.
JA: What is the model of your '01 Acura?
Customer: What's the wheel lock feature? The model is 3.2 tl
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes hoping to. All I have done is the fuel pump relay. I don't want to spend money on a fuel pump if that's not the issue.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  tim's auto repair replied 5 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

when you first turn the key on,do you here the fuel pump come on nfor 2 seconds?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nope nothing

are you sure?,,come on for only a few seconds?

are you there?

are you there?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it doesn't I'm sure

ok..

and you say it wont even fire with a prime..correct?

with fuel or starting fluid into the throttle body?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Correct

ok,,it should fire with the prime regardless of if the pump was working or not..andyou did replace the main relay?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ya I did but your right when it wouldn't start with starting fluid it got me confused

ok..did you check for a spark on a plug?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nope I guess I hadn't thought about it because of the fuel pump not starting

personally..i think your problem is the timing belt..i think it may have jumped time or the belt is broken..

you need to test the compression

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks I'll test it tomorrow

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fbl4dgtwj1w9a88/0703-32-Relay%20And%20Control%20Unit%20Locations.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/fbl4dgtwj1w9a88/0703-32-Relay%20And%20Control%20Unit%20Locations.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help