thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

I submitted a question about a 2010 Acura TSX earlier today

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: What is the model/year of your Acura?
Customer: I submitted a question about a 2010 Acura TSX earlier today and haven't received an answer. I need to ask a couple more questions about this issue
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am working on my daughters car. I have checked all of the fuses, I have no voltage to the compressor, both cooling fans come on
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I sent it all in the first message
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  acramstr replied 5 months ago.

Sorry for the delay But I was working today and didn't see your question until now. First of all you cant test the compressor voltage with the plug disconnected . The system has a safety thermostat on the compressor that opens if the compressor overheats. That said lets start by switching the compressor relay. If you look in the under hood fuse box lid you will see a relay marked with a snowflake . It is a black relay in the upper left side of the box. Switch the relay with one of the other black relays and check if the compressor comes on. If it does the relay is bad. If not check for power to the green wire at the compressor with everything hooked up. If you have power the clutch is bad . If not after switching the relay let me know and I can send more tests.

Expert:  acramstr replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer My name is***** here to help you with your problem. lets start by switching the compressor relay. If you look in the under hood fuse box lid you will see a relay marked with a snowflake . It is a black relay in the upper left side of the box. Switch the relay with one of the other black relays and check if the compressor comes on. If it does the relay is bad. If not check for power to the green wire at the compressor with everything hooked up. If you have power the clutch is bad . If not after switching the relay let me know and I can send more tests.