Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

O my d5 light is flashing, no it flashes the whole time

Customer Question

helloo my d5 light is flashing
JA: Does the light flash and then stay on steady? Do you happen to have the trouble code?
Customer: no it flashes the whole time driving
JA: What is the model/year of your Acura?
Customer: 05 mdx
JA: What year is your Acura?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was looking to find out and buy the part and have a acura specialist to install it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: also when I mash on the gas to get out in traffic it gets up to 4500 rpm or so and studders real bad
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you in advance
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

Ok, a flashing D5 light only lets you know that there is a fault in the transmission control systems or internal transmission fault. It does not come close to pinpointing the cause so that one can simply go buy a part for it. Actual diagnostics is REQUIRED at this point.

The first step is using an advanced scan tool to retrieve the fault code and then to do the required diagnostics for that fault code. Possible causes range from a fluid pressure switch, shift solenoid, TCC solenoid, TCM, torque converter clutch failure, fluid pump failure, internal damage such as worn bands or clutches, broken drum, failed servo, or even worn/bad fluid

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok I remember the mechanic saying something about a d4 switch
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
also what would cause the studder when mashing on the gas to get out in traffic
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

D4 pressure gear switch, D4 solenoid switch?

The shudder is most likely connected with the transmission issue.

I suspect it is the 4th gear pressure switch, part number is ***** But before spending $60 on it, you really need to confirm this with your mechanic that originally checked yet

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?