sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Driverside door wontunlock with key or the remot econtrol,

Customer Question

Driverside door wontunlock with key or the remot econtrol
JA: Any trouble turning the key in the ignition? Do you have a key fob?
Customer: No trouble with any thing else just the driver side door cant get it open
JA: What is the model/year of your Acura?
Customer: Tl 2004
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to get my door open and do it myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: How do i get my door to open so i can get to the problem myself an save ?yself from having to take it in to to honda
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the door won't open it could be a linkage issue, the latch itself, a door/striker adjustment issue, or if something foreign was closed in the door that would make it hard to reopen. Something foreign or an adjustment issue would have been apparent.

Most likely you have a bad latch, provided that the inside and outside handles move with normal resistance. What will need to be done is remove the door panel to be able to access the latch and linkage. If the linkage is intact then the latch will need to be broken up/dismantled until the pawl can be reached to open the door, and then replace the latch.