Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

Vs a light and power steering both came on at once, Steers

Customer Question

Vs a light and power steering both came on at once
JA: Have you checked the power steering fluid? Will the wheel turn at all?
Customer: Steers fine.
JA: What is the model/year of your Acura?
Customer: 2013 Ixl
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing just came on while I was driving. Out of town and just want to know how serious it is...300 miles to home
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Went over a railroad track when it came on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** master tech, glad to help you with this.

You are going to need to go to the dealer and get the system scanned for codes in the vehicle. With those lights on it means you have a code in the system, the first step to diagnose this issue is to get the codes and go from there. A wire in the circuit might have broken when you went over the railroad tracks, tough to say without any codes.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have?

Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help?

Thanks Dan