thebesthonda
thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience
14931499

It is not really over heating as of know, but the

Customer Question

It is not really over heating as of know, but the temperature gauge needle goes up to half way when stop at light and comes back down when driving. But it does not seam to do this until engine is warmed up. Also does not get any hotter than half way. Could it be a slightly clogged radiator or thermostat ? I replaced radiator back in 2006 when it was over heating with air conditioning is running.
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: Yes coolant is still full and no leaks any where. I also thought it might be a head gasket leak. But haven't fill radiator with coolant
JA: What is the model of your '06 Acura?
Customer: It is a 97 3.2 tl
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't replaced any thing yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No not the I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 5 months ago.

Welcome,

I have been a professional master mechanic for over 35 years and am happy to help you with this.

Does the AC have to be on for it to over heat or does the gauge go up even with the AC off?