thebesthonda, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  26 years experience

My 2014 Acura ILX power drivers seat, does not tilt forward

Customer Question

My 2014 Acura ILX power drivers seat, does not tilt forward far enough and my wife has trouble with it cutting off the blood flow behind her knees and causing her legs to tingle. We have tried all sorts of seat cushions with no luck. I'm wondering if the seat installation brackets can be adjusted to allow the seat to tilt forward further.
Category: Acura
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I will try my best to help you with your concern. Unfortunately there is no adjustment for the brackets. also with the side airbag system it would possibly compromise the deployment of the airbag.

The only thing I can recommend is possibly is to find a cushion that pushes your wife up slightly more forward in the seat so her legs are not resting on the seat causing her blood flow issue

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
In my question, I specified that we have tried all sorts of seat cushions, so your recommendation has been tried. I assume that is the only solution you have so just drop the matter. I will look elsewhere for a solution. Thanks.

he solution is that there is no solution. There are no brackets made to change the adjustment. You could try to have some specially made but then there is the safety factor.

I wish you the best of luck finding a solution