Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

Sorry..i cut myself off ..i need to find out how to enter

Customer Question

sorry..i cut myself off ..i need to find out how to enter the code for 2004 acura tsx..i have the code...i tried to put in diagnostic mode by holding the map/menu/cancel keys all at the same time..but nothing just sits with the navigation screen and does nothing
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model of your '04 Acura?
Customer: we changed the battery..that is why i need to enter the code
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it was working before
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: nope...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: how much will it cost me....
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You should only have to just enter the numbers on this model to input the code.If this does not show the message codes to input the codes then leave the key on or engine running for an hour or more and see if it goes to this display to enter the codes.If it does not then this is a fault with the radio/nav itself needing repaired or replaced.You can also try and disconnect the battery temporarily for a few minutes to see if it resets to the code screen as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK...this was working fine until we replaced the battery. We drove the car for almost two hours and the option to enter codes never showed up. It just displays the navigator screen. We pulled out the disc in the back and cleaned it too, but it still just shows the navigator screen. I believe the a/c is connected to this, because we are not able to get the a/c light to come on (although it blows air). Any other ideas? I don't think it is the disc player itself, because it was working prior to the battery replacement. FYI... the code came up for the radio and so we were able to enter that number in.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery again waiting 5 minutes after you disconnect it before you reconnect it and see if this resets the system to work properly again from there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
None of this work. I took to dealer and they entered for me. :(
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

O.k.,is there anything else I can help with here at all?