Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.
14928985

Can't lock my Acura TL doors, Yes, 2008, 1st my drivers side

Customer Question

Can't lock my Acura TL doors
JA: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes
JA: What year is your TL?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 1st my drivers side door the lock looks broken, then I went to the Backdoor to fool around with the lock to compare it. Something moved down(white plastic thing) now I can't close it. The same thing happened with the other back door.. So now I have 3 door that won't close
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I'm waiting to be towed. This seems like an easy fix
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases you can use a flat blade screw driver or similar to pry open the latch while using the handle in the open position to resolve this here but it also sounds like you may have one or more latches that need replaced to correct this permanently.I would have the latches checked to see if one or more need replaced to correct this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete