Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years As a ASE Tech
7276279

Do you offer any step-by-step procedure the driver's side

Customer Question

Do you offer any step-by-step procedure for removing the driver's side front seat reclining adjuster assembly? Mine cracked and I want to repair it by welding.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Acura. The Acura Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The broken part is "#81360-S3V-A30, Adjuster Assembly, L. Reclining" on a 2005 MDX. This part is fractured at a rivited tab adjacent to the small motor
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 155K, it has the standard 6 Cylinder
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Oddly enough, I owned a 2005 MDX that had the same issue, and found an interior customizer who did the work.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Acura Mechanic should know about your Acura?
Customer: No, but given the poor design of this part, I cannot believe they have not heard of it before
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Acura Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Acura
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Take a look at the steps in the link below and see if this is what you are needing. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Seating%20Jun%2014.pdf