Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles with some certifications and training.

I have access to a 2001 Acura MDX drive side seat belt and

Customer Question

I have access to a 2001 Acura MDX drive side seat belt and wish to remove it from the car it is in and replace my old one with it. ( another 2001 MDX).... Is this a DYI job? And are there instructions for this?..thank you
Category: Acura
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Below is the replacement info for this seatbelt.

NOTE: Check the front seat belts for damage, and replace them if necessary. Be careful not to damage them during removal and installation.

Front Seat Belt
1. Make sure you have the anti-theft code for the radio and the navigation system, then write down the frequencies for the preset buttons.
2. Slide the front seat forward fully.
3. Disconnect the negative battery cable, and wait at least 3 minutes before beginning work.

4. Remove the upper anchor cover (A), pull the lower anchor cover (B) back, and remove the lower anchor bolt (C).
5. Remove the B-pillar lower trim panel.

6. Remove the upper anchor bolt (A) and the retractor mounting ET screw (B). Disconnect the seat belt tensioner connector (C), and remove the front seat belt (D) and retractor (E). 7. Remove the B-pillar upper trim.

8. Remove the shoulder anchor adjuster (A).

9. Install the front seat belt and retractor in the reverse order of removal, and note these items: - Apply liquid thread lock to the upper anchor bolt before reinstallation. - If the threads on the retractor mounting ET screw are worn out, use an oversized ET screw made specifically for this application - Check that the retractor locking mechanism functions. - Assemble the washers, collar and bushing on the upper and lower anchor bolts as shown. - Before installing the anchor bolts, make sure there are no twists or kinks in the front seat belt. - Make sure the seat belt tensioner connector is plugged in properly. - Reconnect the negative cable to the battery. - Enter the anti-theft code for the radio and for the navigation system, then enter the customer's radio station presets.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where do I find the antitheft code for the radio and the navigation system?
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

This is something either on a label or sticker in your golve box or owners manual and will say anti theft code,etc. or you would need to obtain them from a dealer.The dealer may not charge for this info if you show them proof of ownership and a photo ID but I would check into this first before doing any repairs.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete